What’s Digital Feis?
Digital Feis gives Irish dancers feedback tailored for them, including corrections and support, built into a feis system where you can earn your way to Champion. Since 2016, dancers have joined our competitions from the United States, Canada, England, Hong Kong, and Japan.
Looking for a step-by-step guide? Sign up for How Does Digital Feis Work? Philosophy, Levels, Advancement on Teachable. If it doesn’t answer all of your questions, email Ashley at email@example.com. She’s always glad to help!
Recording Your Videos
Record video of your dances, and submit by the due date for each feis (US$10 per solo dance, $5 per person for teams). You have an entire month to submit your dances and can plan your recording to suit your schedule.
Wear a nice outfit, a performance costume, or the full competitive look — your choice. Dancers are split by age, but not gender, and older teens and adults are especially encouraged to join us. All ages have the chance to become a Champion.
- Dancers head and feet should be in frame at all times
- Music should be loud enough to hear on video, over hardshoes
- Dancers should not be too far from the camera
The 2018 Schedule
We will run 5 Digital Feis events in 2018. The last day for entries for each feis is subject to change, but we are currently planning the following dates:
- February Digital Feis — February 22, 2018
- April Digital Feis — April 26, 2018
- Digital Feis Mór (A Big, Special Feis!) — June 29, 2018
- September Digital Feis — September 20, 2018
- November Digital Feis — November 8, 2018
Open Platform, Open for All
Digital Feis is open platform. Open platform feiseanna are open to everyone regardless of affiliation. Schools belonging to any organization, or none at all, are welcome to compete. Learn more about open platform.